Thursday, September 8, 2011

Do I hate Diane?

Yesterday, Diane Eldrup's attorney accused me of having no compassion. Sorry, Mr. Curnyn, but you don't know me.
Yes, I do have compassion for Diane.

Several people have asked me over the last several days if I hate Diane for what she did. And I've always answered that I don't hate Diane but I hate what she did.

Seems like a pat answer doesn't it? A little PollyAnna-ish?

Yes, it does, and I've really done some thinking about this tonight while waiting for the verdict.

I do hate what Diane did. I hate anything to do with the suffering of children, animals, anything and anybody. Was Diane out of her head when she did systematically starved these animals to death?
She must have been....how else could someone do this?

But again, am I being a bit naive? Of course people are intentionally cruel every day, to every kind of living thing. Am I just trying to say the right thing?

As those 48 GUILTYs were read tonight, I felt a sense of justice for the dogs that died...and let's not forget that approximately 35 dogs died at Muddy Paws, not just the 18 she was charged with. But I also felt the pain that would strike a mother's heart as each GUILTY made it more real that she would not be able to see her child for many years while she was in prison.

So, is it hate I feel?
No.
I just feel sorry. Sorry for Diane. Sorry for what she did. And so so sorry for her little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment